Friday, May 27, 2005

Job Seeker Email: Potential Employer is asking for RIDICULOUS requirements during the recruiting process

This is an example of employers who are TAKING ADVANTAGE of the job market and are showing how incompetent they are in the recruiting process in addition to their lack of professionalism. When is the insanity going to stop???????????????????????????


Need advice
I have just received a notice for a job and this is what they want me to bring to the interview:
1. 3 recent accomplishments written up
2. A copy of my 3 most recent performance evaluations.
3. a current copy of the organization's annual goals/objectives and work programs.
4. any other appropriate samples of work.
5. a list of 6 professional references.

Now, I have been a contractor working for a small real estate firm moving an old database over and doing support work. I don't have any performance evaluations. Also, I don't think I should provide the company's goals/objectives, as that is information that I feel should remain confidential to my client. I have been an IT Director back in 1998 and 1996 but that is pretty far back. Any advice? Should I just call the County (it's for a director of IT position) and tell them forget it? Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?