Monday, May 16, 2005

Subway MESS: Plea for legal advice: My work is trying to Screw Me!

This is a post I found on dailykos.com. This and other unbelievable things are happening all over America in many different work environments. This truly reflects what's happening at Subway.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/16/112511/731

Plea for legal advice: My work is trying to Screw Me!by Stampy51
[Subscribe]Mon May 16th, 2005 at 09:25:11 CSTDear Fellow Kossacks,
I come to you now in an hour of dire need. My work is going to withhold my paychecks due to an issue of stolen money. I not believe this is fair or legal, but I do not know for sure and do not know if there is anything I can do.

Some background information:I am a college student with extremely limited income. I work part-time at Subway in our small college town. The Subway is "managed" by an older woman who does not do her job. You are thinking, "Ah another disgruntled employee and his slanted story!" and yet while I agree there is a slant, consider these objective statements after the fold. Diaries :: Stampy51's diary :: :: Trackback ::
we do not keep inventorythere is no security whatsoever (cameras etc)I am the senior employee with 5 months experiencewe take on and lose new employees at the rate of one a weekour work schedule is not made or posted until hours before it is to take effecttheft is rampant. the manager pads her hours (she works from 9:30 until 1 or 2 five days a week but pulls in checks with overtime)there is no accountability whatsoever money is sometimes left on top of the register or other obvious places in the openhigh school girls as young as 15 are left to tend the store alone from the hours of 8pm until whenever they finish cleaning up (usually midnight)

Given the circumstances of my work conditions, I am not surprised that over $300 was stolen last weekend. I worked one shift that weekend, and as there is no manager or any sort of check-up until Monday, every employee that worked that weekend is being held accountable. I really cannot afford to let them keep my pay, and I cannot afford to seek help, so I ask you now to please direct me to some resources or offer any advice. My goal is to write a sufficiently legal sounding letter to bluff them out of stealing my pay.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,
Joel Byron

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?