Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Story from a Minimum Wage Single Mother

This story arrived from a single mother who is making minimum wage and has two kids. This is happening all over America. This was heartbreaking to read.



Dear America's Work Stories,

I'm a single mother who has two children in elementary school. I have two minimum wage jobs and never get to see them. I'm totally missing them grow up. I can barely afford day care in the evening and can't put food on the table sometimes. I can't believe how bad things are in this country. I'm constantly depressed and panic at how I'm going to provide for me and my kids. I'm glad I have a job, some people don't even have one. Thank you for your blog. It's a chance to read what's happening on the ground.

When is this nightmare going to end?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?