Friday, June 10, 2005

A Tale From The Dark: Terminated Early & Short Changed In Paycheck...

My heart goes out to everyone who has to deal with these employers who behave like this. This is a story from Craigslist.com



I need advice please 06/10 10:31:22
I recently quit a part time job that I had for 3 years while I was in high shcool. I gave my two weeks notice, worked up until the last day...did everything right.

But the next week, I didn't get paid for the 27 hours I worked. It turns out my boss did something wrong and terminated me too early. One month later (today), I FINALLY got my last check. I was pretty much over the fact that I had to wait so long- I was just happy that I got my money. Only when I opened it, I see that my boss paid me for 27 regular hours, when 7 of them should have been time and a half (Sunday pay). I'm PISSED. It's not so much the $20 or so bucks that I'm short but it's the principle! And $20 is a full tank of gas for me! Should I go back and tell her? It's been such a hassle to get me my last check, it will probably take another month to get this one. What do you think I should do?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?